My first month in Austin was all about getting into my routine. Finding my way around town. Not getting lost whenever I hopped into a car.
My second month- getting into the groove of working at home. This was a huge challenge for me.
Third month in Austin, I was on a mission to find friends. This meant putting myself in situations that were extremely uncomfortable, such as:
- playing kickball with 10 strangers.
- going out with two strangers to karaoke.
- going out to bars too often and spending way too much money on fancy-schmancy drinks.
And as my fourth month in Austin comes to a close, I find myself settling in and wanting to try new things. I finally feel comfortable to venture outside of the bubble I've created since moving here and want to start doing "local" things, like going to festivals and concerts and finding cool hole-in-the-wall restaurants that tourists don't go to.
I'm ready to stop being a tourist.
Some new things heading my way:
- new job (just started this week!).
- new apartment in a new part of town soon.
A couple of instagram photos from the last two weeks:
(Martha Stewart stationery collection & California palm trees)
(My new job- yay!- and Sunday's lunch at the Austin Terrier)